Sunday, October 07, 2007

In The Rearview Mirror

It's been a year since I began writing this weekly blog. A year! And what a year it's been.

Looking back, I certainly have referred to pop music -- in A Peaceful Easy Feeling, Risky Business and, of course, Funk Sway.

I've written about tragedy in We Are Virginia Tech, When Times Are Tough and Changing Through Crisis.

I've spent time talking about workplace issues with The Best Job Interview Question Ever, Getting Back To Work and Extreme Jobs.

I've written about books, like the best-seller called The Secret, in How To Get What You Want, and other great books in Forgiveness and The Power of Discipline.

One of the most popular columns I've produced is Fight or Flight? Or Mend and Tend. Believe it or not, this piece is read nearly every day by someone in the world.

Because I have readers in Singapore and Moldova. Ireland and Italy. South Africa and India. The breadth of geography is astounding. But most of you readers are living somewhere between Alaska and Florida, and I thank you kindly for your time.

Do I have a favorite column? Not really -- they're all my little brainchildren and, like a doting mother, I can't pick one I like best. When I re-read my columns, I remember what was going on at the time, how I felt, how a client felt, what the day was like. So, for me, each column is its own time capsule.

Folks ask me, "Where do you get the ideas you write about?" Sometimes it's a theme which emerges from several coaching clients in one week, or it's something I'm working on getting in my own life. Many of you pass on ideas, and you've saved my bacon more than once -- so keep your suggestions coming!

What have I not written on in the last year that needs attention? Well, let's see... Katharine Briggs and her daughter Isabel Myers, and what they accomplished. How teenagers provide excellent role models. Spam. The link between self-knowledge and beauty. What to do when your boss is a jerk. How to be heard. And, in the words of the pop poet, Kenny Rogers, when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

So, another year beckons. Stick with me, will you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time you do to share your information!

Dan Hanosh said...

Friend
Congratulations . . . A year doing anything is big. I have been blogging for almost two years, but seriously since April. And I'm having fun, always. And that I wish for you another year of fun and happiness.
Dreams are yours to share. Dan

Dan Hanosh

Dreams Are Yours To Share

Prem Rao said...

Congratulations on one year of blogging. Enjoyed visiting your site. Liked the way you described last year through your posts.

Prem Rao

http://premrao.blogspot.com/